Step 1: Set Simple Goals to achieve, mine are
- Make Synerzip follow Agile more than before. Be more specific - All team to do Daily Scrums in next 2 months
- Evangelize Synerzip's Agile Profile to rest of the world.
- Have loads of fun while doing it
Step 2: Catch what we do right, before asking people to act on new ones
- You can only EVANGELIZE, if you can catch People doing RIGHT Things. And Surprising people do a lot of right things :)
- Simple principles to remember, when dealing with People.
a. Criticizing NEVER HELPS
b. What is appreciated gets repeated, what is ignored disappears.
c. Making interaction between people a Celebration, is the best way to make it a Ritual
- Appreciate publicly what you see your people doing Good. They will not only open their ear but their hearts to you.
Step 3: Talk more about people within than people out side
- Interview one team and find out what they do right in Agile. Record the Interview, Write the Interview and Publish it first inside.
- One team does one thing better than other team. The goal is to show the good in very team to inspire others to follow it. Caution - Never ever Compare.
- Let team compete amongst themselves, this is a welcome social change. Infact, encourage this.
Step 4: Reward should be achieving the Goal itself
- Instead of Monetary goals or KPIs, make people who helped achieve the goals as Star of the Organization.
- Publish his/her interviews on Youtube or blog (Ofcourse after talking to legal).
- Nothing can compare to a person being highlighted in a unique way. e.g Brijesh carried the Agile flagship for my team in Synerzip.
My 50 Cents, more for later